Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hiking the Paw Paw Trail


Pictured...Emma and Liam on the Paw Paw Trail. I had hoped that my grand kids would be as enthused as I am about nature but the hike was not a huge success. Emma was fearful of snakes and would not step off the path. All of us were bothered by bugs...my fault ...forgot the bug spray. But things did look more promising when we saw a great blue heron fly up over the river. Later Emma burst into song about a fork in the road...this song was from her school play "Lewis and Clark". Then we all searched for an appropiete walking stick. So we did end on a happy note. Later we went to a picnic area and had lunch and then, on to the water park. More on the water park tomorrow. I am beat! All day in the fresh air and sun, I'm ready for bed early tonight! For more pics from today's hike check my Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment