Monday, August 2, 2010

My Summer Vacation Posts Start Now!

During the three weeks that Amy and the kids were here, I took almost 300 pictures! I will be hard pressed to pick just a few for my blog every day. I am determined to get some of the best posted.

We started off with a tour of The Ford Rouge Plant. We all enjoyed it even the kids. Next, Emma and Liam came to spend 3 days with their cousins. We went to the metropark for a picnic and swimming (of which I already posted pictures). We also went to Binder Zoo near Battle Creek. We spent about 6 hours there and the kid's attention never wavered...nor mine for that matter.

We were on the go everyday and ended our vacation with a trip to Mackinac Island (see picture above of the bridge).

This morning (Monday), Amy, John and Allison left for home. But on the way, they are camping in the Great Smokey Mountian National Park for a few days.

I feel that my summer is now over...but that's not true. I still am looking forward to Jim and Mary Ann's visit, a Tiger game, and exploring a few Metroparks that I have never visited before.

Hope that you enjoy all the daily postings that cover our vacation. I think that I got a few GREAT pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment