Monday, November 15, 2010

Bald Eagle

I was so fortunate to see and photograph this Bald Eagle. I used a telephoto lens and then enlarged it on my PC. It was really up there. He was just circling around and around at Lower Huron Metropark near the river. If you are familiar with the park it was near Tulip Tree picnic area. I took the photo to the nature center to make sure that I was correct in my ID of this magnificent bird. He said that the eagle is a mature 5 year old. He also said a pair were seen nesting in a near-by sod farm this spring. I am so lucky to have seen this beauty but am so sad to think of Luc, the captive bald eagle at Lake Erie Metropark. He was injured and cannot be released into the wild and cannot fly free again. If you want to visit Luc, he is in an enclosure behind and to the left of the nature center at Lake Erie Metropark.

No comments:

Post a Comment