Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cars That Are Older Than Me!

















Spent an hour or so at "Crusin' Downriver". The cruise of vintage cars goes up and down Fort St. from Outer Dr. in Lincoln Park to Sibley Rd. in Riverviews and yes, believe it or not all these cars pictured are older than me. I never was a huge car fan but it's funny how cars mark your life.....the coupe that my uncle had with the rumble seat (google that), my Dad's Chrysler convertible, Joe's and my first car, a red Nash Rambler and then there was the '67 Pontiac Le mans. I'm so old that I can clearly remember going out to the garage and watching my Dad "crank" the car to get the engine started.


I do appreciate the time and money people put into restoring these cars. They are beautiful and they help preserve all my memories.













1 comment: