Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wildflowers

Clover
Plantain

Crown Vetch

Clover

Yarrow


I think that you have to look at wildflowers closely to appreciate their beauty. At a glance they are "just weeds" but many of our garden flowers are cultivars of the wild variety. I am learning a lot about what is blooming now and can't wait for the summer to progress and see other varieties start to bloom. Especially waiting for the milkweed (almost ready) because that brings butterflies. Sunday I am going on a "meadow walk" at Lake Erie Metropark. Looking forward to that and picking up more information about growth and inhabitants of meadows. I have seen goldfinches and yellow warblers. There is much more to see, I know.










2 comments:

  1. I love the wildflowers too! Beautiful pics, as always. Didn't know about the meadow walk ... hmm ... wonder if there is still time to register for that. Sounds like a nice one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ulanawa, I didn't register, I am just showing up ;-)

    ReplyDelete