Sunday, July 3, 2011

Meadow

Swamp milkweed
Queen Anne's Lace Rudbeckie (black eyed Susan)







Meadow: a field vegetated primarily by grass and other non-woody plants.







I have a new love for meadows and all the surprises that they contain! A meadow is continually changing. It attracts birds and other wild life and bugs as well. I spotted this Swamp Milkweed (although, true be told, I had no idea what is was at the time) and it was the only one in the meadow. It shown like a candle. I love it's brilliant color. In fact, I have this picture as my wallpaper so that I can admire it whenever I am on the computer.


Queen Ann's Lace (or wild carrot) is my favorite wildflower of all time. Named because it resembles lace, I'm not sure where the Queen Anne comes in...will have to research that. I love it's intricate little flowers within the flower. Also like the smell...some may disagree with me there.



Black-eyed Susan's says summer to me. I love them and have them in my garden.













No comments:

Post a Comment