Saturday, August 20, 2011

Butterfly

Silver Spotted Skipper


Tiger Swallowtail



As I walked along at Kensington, I saw quite a few butterflies: monarchs, swallowtails, cabbage whites and small blue butterflies. However, butterflies are even worse than birds for posing and sitting still for a picture. It was hot and sunny and the butterflies seemed agitated, not alighting anywhere.


Summer isn't over yet! I still have the rest of August and September to photograph this elusive insect. Note: both of these butterflies are on a butterfly bush (Buddelia). Plant one in your yard!

4 comments:

  1. I love photographing butterflies and these are beautiful and two of which I have yet to take a pic of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were tiger swallowtales everywhere at Kensington but not one would lite. There is a butterfly bush by the nature center and that's where I took both of these pictures. My buddelia is still not in bloom because I cut it so far back last fall. It has buds on it now so maybe I will take butterfly photos in my own back yard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was at Kennsington yesterday and all the tigers were just hanging out. Must have gotten about 20 or more reallt good shots. I was excited! Need to venture back that way again. So much to see, so little time!

    ReplyDelete