Thursday, December 29, 2011

South Carolina Birds

Savannah Sparrow



Mockingbird



Carolina Chickadee



Yellow-rumped warbler









I know, I know , I have tons of cruise pictures still to post but could not resist posting these sweet little birds photos. I took all of these today at Huntington State Park. Plus, I also got loads of shore bird pictures. So, this is where all our Michigan birds go in the winter ;-)



I saw the little Savannah sparrows in the same area last April. I ran into two lady birdwatchers this morning who pointed out the Carolina Chickadee. It looks just like a Black-capped Chickadee except for a narrow white band on the wing. I never would have noticed. The Mockingbird is so bold. Posed for me. The picture of the warbler isn't a good one. It was pretty far away but I was happy to get the shot.



Love it here for birding, walking and the sea.













No comments:

Post a Comment