Monday, January 23, 2012

Out and About



Yes, that's me on last Saturday's cold morning walk. Today is quite balmy, almost 50 degrees. It's hard to believe that two days ago it was 13 with 3-4 inches of snow on the ground. No snow left now but the wind is gusting at almost 50 mph and we lost our power for about an hour...which is very unusual for us.

Before all that wind ,I was able to get my lamp post going again. The bulb was burnt out...must have been faulty.

Post below is photos that I took at Crosswinds Marsh. It was so deserted. Not even a duck or swan in sight, but with my trusty Vortex binoculars, I spotted the two beautiful bald eagles.

I have seen a hawk in the front yards of my neighborhood....twice. Must be after a winter lunch of house sparrow. Will try and get a picture.

Twin said that Ginger is doing good. they are trying to get her house trained but it has been so cold out when they take her out she is all a shiver. Poor little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment