Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Street Lights of Lincoln Park

I have lived in Lincoln Park for 16 years and have always hated our street lamps. They look like a 1970's style although I have no idea when they were put in. They are so ugly and many have missing or broken lamps. Well, it seems our city has gotten money from somewhere...not from us because we are too poor, but maybe Federal monies. The city is making improvements in the center of town. They have put in new landscaping and now are putting in new lamp posts!



Geez, it doesn't take much to make me happy. These lights are so pretty. I can't wait to see them lite. I wonder if we had lights like this in 1927 when Lincoln Park became a city. I will have to look in my Lincoln Park book.



As a side note, when I was cropping this picture I thought it would be interesting to do a close up of the 1927 marking on this building....that is when I saw the wooden owl which I had never seen just driving by. I wonder if he has succeeded in getting rid of the pigeons?












No comments:

Post a Comment