Saturday, January 21, 2012

Winter Photos

Can you spot them?




I had a very successful day with my Canon Rebel. Even though it was only 13 degrees when I left the house I perservered. Started at Heritage Park in Taylor and got some great "old mill house" photos. Then I headed south to Crosswinds Marsh, stopping along the way to get a few shots of the old out- buildings ( can't really say that they are barns ). Crosswinds was deserted....no swans, no ducks, no people. The water was frozen and so was I. ;-)





My day was a great success when I spotted the two resident bald eagles. Wouldn't have seen them if I hadn't been scanning with my binoculars. They were quite far in the distance as you can make out in the picture. The first picture was with my telephoto lens 250mm. The second picture I cropped to make them larger. Too bad my lens is so wimpy and the picture is blurry. Anyway, seeing those two lovely birds made my day!









I have lots of pictures to post.




















No comments:

Post a Comment