Tuesday, March 13, 2012

American Coot

Nature photographer shooting the same coot......you can tell I am old. Not jealous of a young blond...no, I'm jealous of her lens!


Lone duck on a pond except I couldn't identify it in my bird book. Nothing came close so I posted the picture on the metropark's facebook page and the interpreter from Lake St. Clair said it was not a duck at all but an American Coot. Wanted to know when I saw it so they could put it in their records as it was the first one spotted this spring. Funny, I remember Gerry pointing out a raft of Coots out on Lake Erie this winter. Well, Lake Erie is further south than Lake St. Clair. ;-)


What a beautiful day today! Sunny and it got up to 70 degrees. A bit windy though but great.I spent the day cleaning my basement so the sunshine was wasted on me. Hope to get out for a walk tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment