Thursday, April 19, 2012

Spring At My House






Everything is so lush and green in my yard. Getting a head start on all my spring clean up with time to plant a splash of color.


Periwinkle growing in middle of my river birch.


The periwinkle in my garden is so beautiful this year. Divided and moved my Solidego (golden- rod hybrid). That plant grows like crazy and blooms in August and September when everything else is looking sad. It gets almost 4 ft. tall so I'm using it to hide an old iron gate that my neighbor has leaning on the side of her garage. Really is an eyesore for me. Looking at maybe a bamboo fence. PS: Why, Sadie, did you not put the gate behind your garage?

I have Goldfinches and one lone House Finches coming to my sock for seed...yea! Also saw a Red Admiral butterfly in my yard several days in a row. It's going to be a good garden year.













No comments:

Post a Comment