Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mosquito Bait

Walked two trails at Lower Huron today.... Paw Paw trail which this picture was taken (on timer if you are wondering) and the Bob White trail where I was attacked by hordes of very hungry mosquitoes. I couldn't believe that in May I would need bug spray, which I didn't have with me. It was more like August and even though I walked the entire trail, it was at a very quick pace.
As you can see, it is a green, green world out there. The color seems brighter as all the leaves are not fully out and some are immature. Sure heard a lot of birds but didn't see many. Did see a Great Blue Heron skim over the river. There were a lot of wildflowers about and only one other walker who came up behind me and said "boo" and scared the sh-- out of me. Not funny mister.
Looking forward to Saturday and Point Pelee. The weather is predicted to be sunny and zero chance of rain......yea!




Black Swallowtail



Ostrich Fern


Huron River







On the Mosquito Trail


(Bob White Trail name officially changed by me)





No comments:

Post a Comment