Friday, May 11, 2012

Sun Walker

I have been out to Kensington twice in a week's time and have had wonderful walks both times. It's spring so I have seen so much along the way. Today I walked the whole 2 mile Wildwing Trail and was amazed to find that most of the trail was lined with wild Honeysuckle all in bloom Well, you can imagine the wonderful smells as I walked along in the early morning ( 7:30 being early for me). I meet some nice people along the way and picked up a few friends....an aggressive Downy Woodpecker and a very friendly Sandhill Crane. The sun was shining both days but the temps were on the cool side. Perfect days for walking!
There were so many Moms and their babies, including a turtle family, a Heron Mom and two chicks, Sandhill Cranes and chicks, Canada Geese and chicks and of course the very popular Mute Swan families. Also saw a few deer, a male Woodduck and many songbirds that I was unable to get a photo of......boo! Wish that I had a better lens. Still in all a walk that brought me a feeling of well-being and peace.
Jim, I hope that your first backpacking trip of the season was a success and you didn't freeze your " you-know-what" off at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment