Sunday, June 24, 2012

Cancelled

Went down to Lake Erie to find out that the Meadow Walk was cancelled. No one had pre-registered (that's me). Saw Ulanawa's van so I gave her a call and we met on the trail and did our own walk. Same trail that I did one Friday and a lot of the same suspects were out...the deer and frogs, dragonflies and the lotus were in bloom. I have never seen lotus in this part of the park. I knew that sometimes in the hot summer months the whole canal will dry up so I was surprised to see so many in bloom. Love the dragonfly perched on the flower...didn't see that until I got home.



Thanks to Ulanawa for showing me the Fox snake and also the beautiful Grosbeak. The deer posed for pictures. I swear those deer at the park are like pets.


The highlight of the walk was seeing the baby Grosbeak. I don't think the little bird had fledged. It was holding on for dear life and calling for it's Mom. We waited patiently and finally were rewarded as mom flew in and fed her hatchling some bugs. She sat on a nearby branch and we were able to get some great shots. So happy to get a shot of a bird that is around but not often seen. Happy day!






No comments:

Post a Comment