Monday, June 25, 2012

Well, well. well

People do look at my blog!


I really try to get my blog out there but I realize that it is not everyone's cup of tea. "Through Carol's Lens" is just that ...photographs that I take of things that interest me, not necessarily everyone else. I know that my family and friends take an occasional look and when I link it to Facebook, I get more looks too. I decided to look at my stats more closely and here is what (to my great surprise) I discovered!
In one week, June 18 to June 25, I had 149 looks.These were broken down to USA: 128,  India:12, Canada:3, United Kingdom:2  and one each for Australia (must be my friend Val), Germany, Israel and Latvia. Wow, I'm international.
The stats also broke down referring URLs and referring sites as well as Keyword searches. So, if some one was looking for "fishing at Crosswinds Marsh", my blog would show up. I have to check that out.
Anyway,I do sometimes get discouraged that no one bothers with my blog,  but evidently they do. I get very few comments but a lot of that has to do with how difficult they make it to write a comment. As well, I only have 4 friends so that looks bad....one reason I don't put ads up. No one wants to see ads anyway.
Now I am considering how I title my posts. May make a difference when someone does a search. All very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment