Wednesday, August 1, 2012

A Beautiful Morning

I was on a butterfly quest this morning at Kensington  but no luck there. I was so jealous to see my friend post 4 different butterfly photos that she took at Oakwoods. I am just not in the right place at the right time.
I did have a very nice walk this morning and the weather could not have been more perfect. My Sandhill Crane friends were everywhere. They are so beautiful and exotic.



 In person, these dragonflies displayed more blue on their wings than show in the pictures. I am going to have to try to identify some of these beauties.

 Saw this flock (charm) of American Goldfinches eating something from the turtle pond. (Where are you Gerry when I need you). Didn't see any turtles today but was greatly amused by the finches.

How lucky am I to be able to have the opportunity to see such beauty! That I can get to these lovely parks and am able to still walk the trails is a blessing. I count myself a very lucky girl (using the "girl" term very loosely :-)
Will sign up for the Advanced Photography class tomorrow for the fall term. Can't wait to get out with the group for some interesting photo shoots. I really enjoyed the last class that I took but thought that my decision to forgo the summer class was a good one. It was so hot, I would not have been able to go on most of the trips.
Crack O'Dawn on Saturday with out new leader. Interested to see how that will go but I always enjoy this once a month outing. Our photo friend Eric is out after having knee surgery...will miss him and Phyllis. There are only about 4 of us that take photos and I always enjoy seeing their pictures each month.
One month of summer left....let's pack it full!  






No comments:

Post a Comment