Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Monet Garden

Tree frog resting in rose blossom


 The Monet Garden at the Overland Park Arboretum in Kansas was in full bloom and absolutely beautiful. I took so many photos that it was difficult to decide which to post. From blooms up close to amazing vistas, there were photo opportunities everywhere. I also loved the benches placed just so, to take advantage of the views. Birds, butterflies and hummers were everywhere....also a snake and a tree frog. Click on pictures to enlarge! Still have more to post.
 Cleome
 Rose of Sharon ( my Dad always called them Althea)

 Misty Morning


Clematis
 The second day that I went to the garden, about ten am, fifty plus people descended on the garden and began to work. After chit chat with a few, I found out that they were all master gardeners and belonged to the Overland Park Master Gardeners Club and volunteered their services to the Monet Garden. I enjoyed talking to them but my photo opportunities were lost after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment