Sunday, October 14, 2012

Where I live


In Michigan if we want to show someone where we live we hold up our hand, palm facing out, and point to where we are on the "mitten". I live on the very outside of the lower part of the hand. I am only about 1 mile from the Detroit River (Straight of Detroit) which links Lake St. Clair to Lake Erie. I am often at Lake Erie at Lake Erie Metropark. The terrain is very flat where I live but if you drive just 30 + miles to the west or north there are rolling hills and it is very scenic. We live in a small area that is a micro climate and our winters are not as harsh as other parts of the state. In fact, my brother living in Ohio has much worse winter weather than we do. We have wonderful change of seasons with hot muggy summers, colorful autumns, snow in winter and a fabulous spring. I can't say that I would not live anywhere else because the grass is always greener on the other side but  I have often dreamed of living in Vermont, Maine or upstate NY.
When I check my stats, I see that people from all over the country and world look at my blog...so for those of you who are like me, and like geography, I hope that this will satisfy your curiosity.
So from me, greetings from Michigan, the Great Lakes State.

No comments:

Post a Comment