Saturday, January 5, 2013

Crack O' Dawn January


It was 15 degrees when I pulled into Lake Erie Metropark this morning. I had gotten out "big red" to be sure that I would be warm enough. Big red is my red Land's End coat that I bought for just this type of occasion. We had a nice turn out and filled with high carb doughnuts off we went with Kevin in the lead. Because there was no wind it wasn't bad even by the lake. There is always something to see even in the winter. I love the walk and also breakfast afterward.

Early morning on the marsh

 Heron tracks on the ice.

 Channel bouys brought in for the winter

 Old Baltimore Oriole nest

Wow, compare this picture to the one in the right column taken in high summer. I love the change of seasons!


 Rita, the best birder in the group

 Bernie, contemplating the spot where he saw a muskrat several weeks ago.

 Little one

The lake

Still missing my camera. Going on a shoot tomorrow at a horse farm in Carlton.




No comments:

Post a Comment