Saturday, February 9, 2013

Girl Scouts of America


My Girl Scout Troop! I remember every one of these girls because we all went to school together and graduated in 1960. Don't we look adorable? I was the only one in full uniform with hat and all. Look at the aprons! We must have been working on a cooking or baking badge that day. My Mom was our troop leader and I wish she was in the photo as well.
One thing I don't remember from those days is selling  Girl Scout cookies.I know that there were only chocolate and vanilla sandwich cookies but the selling of them has totally gone from my memory. ......jeez, what kind of scout was I?
I do remember the meetings in the basement of the Baptist church across from our school and especially remember "day camp" at Harding Park. My Mon sewed me a new oil clothe bag every year which held all the necessities for the day..for lunch and crafts.Time was spent earning merit badges.  It went for a week each summer. Harding Park is still there although the lake is gone and a lot of the picnic shelters are still the same from way back then.
Anyway, I am right in the middle of the last row.






No comments:

Post a Comment