Friday, February 8, 2013

Red-tails




 I went to Lake Erie Metropark with the idea that I might see the Great-horned Owl and the Eagles again. As soon as I got past the park's toll station and was curving the bend to head for the nature center I saw these two Red-tailed Hawks. I saw these two about a month ago in the same tree and could clearly see the red tails but this time I was unsure. I sent the pictures to Paul, the park's interpreter and he verified that they were red-tails.
I also saw two Bald Eagles on the island but did not see the owl. :-(  Too far a distance to  get a good shot with my lens. (see below).
 It was a lovely walk none the less as the sun was shining bright and there were some song birds out as well.




 On the way home I saw this Red-tailed Hawk in a tree on the side of Gibraltar Rd. and was able to get a good photo from my car....a drive by shooting ;-). This is the same area where I saw the Bald Eagle about a year ago. I always keep a look-out when I go by there.





No comments:

Post a Comment