Monday, February 18, 2013

Thalassa Cruso




This is a photo of some of my well used gardening books. I actually have a library of gardening books and garden reference books. These are two of my favorites.
Thalasso Cruso was a writer, journalist and TV personality in the late 1960s and 70s. She initially wrote "Making It Grow" which was a best seller. She had her own gardening show on PBS. I loved her shows because she made gardening so much fun. Her personality was so quirky that it made her a favorite on Johnny Carson's "The Tonight Show". She was always trying to revive the office plant but frequently said "Just bung it in the dust bin. It is beyond any help".
Thalasso Cruso is gone now, but like many, I remember her by her wonderful books. She was the Julia Childs of the gardening world.





No comments:

Post a Comment