Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lots of sun but no heat....




 It is very deceiving looking at this photo.....looks like summer but it was freezing today. Three jackets, hat, hood, gloves but I really needed a winter coat. Anyway,  I did enjoy my walk and later met up with the birding group and we went to the end of the causeway. So, today, I saw a Carolina Chickadee, and various other songbirds. Also saw Cormorants, Brown Pelicans, Egrets, Gadwall Duck, Blue-Winged Teal, Forster's Tern, Lesser Yellowlegs Sandpiper, a Tricolor Heron and more that I can't remember. Next time I will be like my friend Rita and take pen and paper. Didn't see any alligators.
Wonderful seeing the ocean again and all the creatures that live near.





When we were on our way from the airport to my daughter's house my son-in-law spotted about 8 white birds in a field filled with wild Sorrel (sour weed). Got a quick picture and later identified it as a Cattle Egret. 

No comments:

Post a Comment