Saturday, March 16, 2013

March 20th


This snow that I thought so beautiful in December is now causing me to be disgusted and depressed. We had a few days that got into the 40s but it is still cold....29 now and last night we had a several inches of snow . It is dark and dreary. I didn't go on my photo shoot to Historic Fort Wayne. I could not face the cold and tromping through the snow. Really had been looking forward to it but when I got up this morning and saw the snow...well....where is my gumption?...in my warm house! 
Tomorrow I may venture out for a walk at Lake Erie to look for the first harbinger of Spring , the Red-winged Blackbird. If there is a glimmer of sunlight I will go.
In 5 days, March 20th, it will be the first day of Spring....really? What a nasty joke Mother Nature plays on us by letting us believe that a date would make a difference. Remind me......no complaining of the heat this summer. I will be up at dawn to find a cool, sunny morning to walk and look for birds, butterflies, wild flowers and dragon and damselflies. I can't wait.




Red-winged Blackbird
(photos taken 3/12/2012)








No comments:

Post a Comment