Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Birding at Brookgreen




 Birding at Brookgreen allows you to search for birds in the most  beautiful of conditions...no tramping through the woods and underbrush or walking on muddy trails. Here, it's hard to keep your focus on birding because of the wonderful flowers, smells and beautiful sunshine.
At the back of the gardens there are two sets of steps that lead to the old rice fields. Sweeping down is a large grassy area then a marsh. Here, I found so many birds...I sat for hours watching their comings and goings.

I shot many pictures of the birds there but my lens lacks the scope to get any closer than I did. None-the -less you can see what a hive of activity was taking place. Besides the birds shown below there were numerous Cardinal couples and lots ( a crew ) of White-Throated Sparrows

 Bluebird
 Carolina Wren
 Purple Finch
Yellow-Rumped Warbler

White Throated Sparrow





No comments:

Post a Comment