Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Home Again

Well, I'm back in Michigan after a 3 week stay in South Carolina. I had such a great time and want to thank the Mitsuoka Family for the great time they gave to me. Thanks Allison for renting me your bedroom ;-) Also thank you for all the meals and treats and for the trip to Charlotte, Charleston, the Angel Oak, Pawley's Island, Pirate Voyage and the many trips to Sweet Frog (although eating all that frozen Christian yogurt really didn't make me a better person). I miss you all already.
We are having a sunny but cool day today and I got out in the yard and did a little work. The bird bath got filled and thistle hung for the Goldfinches, who should be back in town any day now. Also plan on putting down some fertilizer on my lawn as it is forcasted to rain tomorrow. No tulips blooming yet but my daffodils are up and I cut a few to put in a vase. Walked around the  garden to see what is coming up and my neighbor is doing a yard clean-up for me as I write this. So there is hope that Spring will soon be here but I can't get the picture of Brookgreen in full bloom out of my head.
"Home sweet home" as the saying goes but I also like "home is where you hang your hat".






No comments:

Post a Comment