Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Vistas of Brookgreen

At Brookgreen Gardens every piece of statuary, every planting, pond, pool or fountain is strategically placed for a "knock your socks" off view. Around every corner is a vista that makes you ooh and aah. Now, with all the spring flowers and bushes in bloom it is indeed spectacular. I love it here and would go every day if I lived here. My one complaint...too many people. Ha, I want the garden all to myself. In April, because the azaleas are in bloom, the gardens are open until 8pm. We have gone on several after dinner strolls and no one is there. A part of the garden is lit at night and it takes on a different atmosphere. If you are ever in Myrtle Beach drive south on Rt. 17 and visit paradise.....and don't miss Huntington Beach State park right across the highway.

Didn't even notice the alligator until I saw this photo on my computer. What fun to have these great creatures around.







No comments:

Post a Comment