Thursday, May 16, 2013

Summer Flower Palozza

http://www.bordines.com/                                                                                       http://www.tellys.com/



 I made my annual trip to Bordine's Nursey and as usual I spent way too much money and now have to plant all the stuff that I bought.....oh, my aching back! I just get so carried away when I walk into that vast greenhouse (s). Everything is so beautiful and my list goes out the window.  I also stopped at Telly's in Troy on my way home because I like their herbs. They have a big selection and this year beside my dill, parsley, basil, I bought some thyme, some exotic Greek herb and Fennel. The last time that I planted Fennel it got as big as a tree.
I plan on spending the next 3 days planting and hope that by Monday I will still be able to walk  ;-)

Caladium

I learned today that they are not selling regular impatiens as they are infected with a disease that also infects your soil. The cashier told me that Lowe's is selling them as "treated" impatiens but that is bogus because there is no treatment at this time. I always plant begonias anyway because they do well for me and don't need the constant watering.

I want these....
and these...
and those two big urns

I did wave at the petunias but they didn't wave back ;-(
My haul!

No comments:

Post a Comment