Friday, July 5, 2013

Butterflies


Yesterday I spotted two Little Wood Satyr in a meadow at Kensington and I remarked that I had not seen any other butterflies there. There were a few Cabbage Whites fluttering around but that was it....no Monarchs or Viceroys, no Painted Ladies or any Swallowtails. Where are all the butterflies? 
This morning on the front page of the Detroit Free Press was an article about that very subject. Check it out by clicking on the Free Press link below.



 Saw this beautiful Tiger Swallowtail in Kansas in June.

Black Swallowtail Caterpillar in my garden a few weeks ago....ate all my parsley plant then left and no sign of any eggs!

Just an addendum to this post....this morning on a walk at Lake Erie Metropark we saw this Monarch caterpillar on a Milkweed plant...yea!




No comments:

Post a Comment