Thursday, July 4, 2013

Morning Walk at Kensington

 It is amazing what you can see on a easy two hour walk....it takes me two hours because I am always stopping to see what's around and then taking pictures. I also wait for the birds and sometimes put out a few nuts to get them in my lens range. I was so happy to see a Bluebird first thing...by the nature center. I knew that walk would be a good one after that.


There was a God awful racket and carrying on and then I saw a pair of Sandhill Cranes through the trees. This isn't a good picture but look under the arrow and you can vaguely see a Sandhill. Wow, what a commotion! 
 This looks like a Buckeye butterfly but it was darker and smaller. Didn't see any other butterflies and was disappointed. Looked in all my good luck places but no sign of them.
 I love this beautiful wildflower. Will have to look it up to identify it. Have another whole posting to go of all wildflowers...better get my wildflower reference books out.
 Dragonfly.....a big one but not very attractive....I love the iridescence ones.
 Little chipmunks everywhere and they do chip, chip, chip.

This little guy came right up to my feet. I dropped him about 5 almonds and he promptly stuffed them all in his cheeks.
 Now, I wonder who lives in here.
 A wild rose with a pollinator.

 This bullfrog sat in the exact same position for 2 hours and every so often let out a loud "croak"
Sat here by the peaceful lake and watched this pair of Mute Swans swim by. Relaxed, ate my banana and looked through my bird book. It was a relaxing and rewarding morning and I thank the Metroparks for providing such a wonderful environment to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment