Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Oh, What a Beautiful Morning


About 7 am,  I stepped out on my back porch to find that it was a fabulous morning...58 degrees and sunny with sharp morning shadows. A beautiful male Cardinal was on a wire singing his song in the morning sunlight...bright and clear as a bell.
I noticed that my wren house had nesting material sticking out. Billy, my handyman, had hung that wren house for me a year ago March so two springs had come and gone and no wrens in sight. I did see a lady sparrow try to squeeze through the hole but she was too big. Anyway, I couldn't believe my eyes that there might be an occupant as the bird house had remained empty all this time. A few minutes later I saw a House Wren land on the top of the house. I ran in to grab my camera and after much patient waiting she returned and then finally settled inside. Maybe there is hope that the Hummingbirds will find the feeder that I hung for them a few weeks ago....patience....it's worth the wait. Now waiting for baby wrens soon to come!







No comments:

Post a Comment