Thursday, August 8, 2013

Marker Day

I often wonder, as one gets older,why time seems to fly by. One day it's Monday and at a turn of your head it's the weekend. People have "marker
days" to  set their week whether it's the weekend or perhaps Friday, payday. My marker day is Monday, trash day....."is it time to take the trash out already"?  So, as I wheel the trash can out to the curb, I think that it is again filled with all the discards of my life. What am I keeping? I should have baskets of good things saved from that week not just garbage. Baskets of love, sunlight, butterflies and most of all good memories. In fact, my whole house and yard should be filled with baskets of flowers each marking a happy event or experience. How do you reach out and "save the day"? How do you make every day count as something more than the mundane routine of life? Each day should have at least one happy pleasure? If not, than one day runs into the next. I can see that I need to give this more thought....I want the rest of my life to be more that one trash can full of garbage a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment