Saturday, November 16, 2013

Birding at Kensington Metropark

Had a great morning birding at Kensington...cold and windy with some snow still on the ground in shady areas. I dressed for it and the sun was shining so all was well. I did serve breakfast so I had a very cooperative group of birds come to pose. I thanked them all and gave them an extra handful of seed when I left. Had the big 4 show up plus a red-bellied. I got some great shots and the tripod worked well for these shots. 

 Black-capped Chickadee

 Red-tailed Hawk
I was cutting through the woods from one path to another when this red-tail swooped over and landed on the top of a dead tree. I was able to move in closer and closer so I was actually under the tree. I think this may be the same hawk that we saw on Sunday eating the chipmunk. It was in the same general area.
 Red-bellied Woodpecker
 Chickadee,dee,dee
 Female Downy Woodpecker
 This guy loved the almonds
 White-breasted Nuthatch
What an acrobat
 Tufted Titmouse
This nuthatch was checking things out from every angle

No comments:

Post a Comment