Friday, November 22, 2013

My Baby

This is my baby...it's old and well used and certainly out-dated but it fits just right in my hand and does what I ask if it. We have traveled a few miles together and had some adventures and my Canon has captured it all.
Today, I took it for it's annual sensor cleaning. Camera Mart, in Pontiac, has it's annual Demo Days and does free sensor cleaning....a great deal even though it took me 45 minutes to get there and 20 minutes standing in line under an umbrella. I left it and then tried to figure out how I was going to kill a few hours. I had planned to visit Stony Creek Metropark but the weather was filthy. I ended up having breakfast #2 at IHOP, shopping at Costco and then finding a Barnes and Noble on Orchard Lake Rd. This was all very difficult in the rain and using a GPS to find my way there. Never have been to Orchard Lake and was surprised at the size. It's probably very pretty there in the summer.
Finally picked up my camera 2 1/2 hrs later and headed home but did stop at Trader Joe's on the way. In our area we don't have many of the stores that you see in Bloomfield or Farmington and since it will be another year before I make my trip again, I couldn't resist stopping in.
Waiting for the sun to shine so I can take my baby out for a photo shoot....maybe Sunday and definitely Thanksgiving day.

No comments:

Post a Comment