Sunday, January 5, 2014

A Flower to Cheer You

It has been snowing all day so I decided to post this beautiful red poppy that I took last June to cheer us all up.
My trip back from Kansas on Friday was a long and grueling day. My flight was delayed and I spent 5 hours at the Kansas City airport. Since I have gotten home the weather has gone from bad to worse. There was already snow on the ground and due to budget issues our streets here in Lincoln Park were not plowed or treated. Now, more snow is piling up and about a foot of new snow is expected. To add to that, on Tuesday the high is expected to be around 1 degree.
I went to the store when I got home on Friday and already people were stocking up. Meijers was packed and some things, like bread, were in short supply.
Luckily, I have no where that I have to be so I am staying home and spending much needed time on my computer. My son rescued all my pictures off my old external hard drive and I am busy organizing all my photos. I also have over 500 pictures from Kansas to look at and edit. So this snowy day will not go to waste.
Can't wait though to get out and take some snow pictures when I feel safe enough to get out there.
Sorry to say that I missed January's Crack O' Dawn Coffee Club this past Saturday. I was too tired from my trip to get up and go. That's two month's in a row and I sure do miss everyone.
Keep warm and safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment