Friday, January 31, 2014

Bird Stories


Well, the weather is a balmy 28 right now with a weak, hazy sun. It appears that a lot of the snow on the roads and sidewalks is melting. However, tomorrow, there is predicted 3 to 6 inches of snow with rain and sleet interspersed throughout the day. I think that I will miss Crack O Dawn for the 3rd straight month. I will see how it is in the morning. Last year at about this time we had very unseasonable temperatures in the 50s and 60s......that was almost as bizarre as the Polar Vortex that we are dealing with this winter.
When I was on my way home from running errands today, I came upon about 5-6 sparrow taking a bath in a puddle in the middle of the road. I really hated to interrupt them but really?.Not a safe place to be bathing ;-) Anyway, it gave me a very brief "Spring" feeling.


No comments:

Post a Comment