Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Clocks and Other Things



I belong to a facebook photography group and every week there is a picture theme. 
This week it was clocks and for the life of me I couldn't remember any clock photos that I have taken. So, I got out my camera and started taking pictures of clocks and everything else in my living room.  This clock was my Grandfather's and was passed down to me from my Dad. My mother told me she remembers when my grandparents bought it so it must have been in the late 30s or early 40s......so it is about my age :-)
It is a 72 hour clock and when I wind it, I think of all the times that my Grandfather wound it and kept it going. It sat on the dining room buffet in their house when I was a little girl. Surprisingly, it has an alarm but I have never been able to figure out how that works.
Note the motion of the pendulum. I forgot to take that into consideration when I set my camera but I think that I like the motion.



This is a Bulova 48 hour clock....let me tell you that the alarm on this will cause you to jump 2 feet off the bed.





No comments:

Post a Comment