Monday, January 20, 2014

Winter Walk


I found this path that leads to the bird blind at the Overland Park Arboretum. It is a very downhill but fun walk. I saw a lot of birds from here...Jays and Red-bellied Woodpeckers. It's hard to tell from the picture but at the end of the path it drops straight down, one of those paths that you have to hang on to branches to keep your balance.


 Very interesting bark on this tree...looked in my tree books but couldn't ID it. My books are Michigan trees though.
Someone just told me this a Hackberry Tree

 I love this stand of trees and wish I could climb the elbow branch....what fun that would be!



 Osage Orange....don't know if we have these in Michigan. Didn't they name a movie after this?


 Love this stone culvert. Not much snow on the ground but cold enough for the water to freeze.




Ok, I was walking in this area and I heard a bird singing away. I didn't have my binoculars and couldn't spot the bird anywhere. So, I started talking aloud "Come on bird, show yourself. Where are you"? Then here comes some guy right behind me. I said to him "You must think I'm nuts talking to the birds" He laughed and said he did that sometimes too. Embarrassing moment.



Lovely sunny and cold day.




No comments:

Post a Comment