Saturday, February 22, 2014

My Trip to Belle Isle

 The sun was deceiving...bight and warm. But as you can see the river is still frozen and the roads around the island were iced as well. When I stepped out of the car to take this picture the wind took my breath away and the cold air was whipped through my coat as if I wasn't even wearing it. I decided to head to the conservatory.
 Belle Isle Conservatory
 Back lit by the sun.....you can see the tall palms reaching for the sky.

 The place was filled with little kids, running all around and yelling "Look at all the pretty plowers". It occurred to me that the aquarium (right next door) has reopened and is only opened on Saturday, so they visited there and then made their way to the conservatory.  Go away you children, I was pretending that this place belonged to me.
A tropical 64 degrees the warmest temp in Michigan.

I have many beautiful flower photos to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment