Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Sea Birds


What a great birding day I had! Got to the state park about 7:30 and spotted an Anhinga perched on a post on the causeway and it got better from there. Beautiful weather and low tide made it the  greatest day for birding since I arrived in SC. If only CNB bank didn't steal my $250 from their ATM, it would have been a perfect day. It looks like I will have to file a dispute to get my money back. 
Love all my feathered friends and got 3 life birds today!

Brown Pelican
Roseate Spoonbill
Great Egret
Great Blue Heron

Anhinga
Belted Kingfisher
 

 This is where it was all happening this morning ...low tide on the saltwater side...see causeway in the background.
To make the morning even more special I saw the first Painted Bunting of my visit. Still hope to someday get a great picture of this beautiful bird. Also got a good look at a Black and White Warbler but no photo...a new bird for my life list.

No comments:

Post a Comment