Saturday, May 3, 2014

Crack O' Dawn May

May? Really?

 Can't believe that it is May and the weather stinks yet another month.
We did see a few migrants though...a few Red-eyed Vireos and a small flock of Yellow Warblers.


 Remains of a Mute Swan that didn't make it through the winter.

I know that you really can't see what this is but it is a Ring-necked Pheasant. I haven't seen one since the early '80s when they were so abundant on the hospital property where I worked. My son tells me that he sees them in the middle of Detroit near the Pepsi Plant.

This is last October
 Then November
Then the snow hit in December and I stayed home for the next 4 months...surly it will be better in June!
I have a few bird walks this month..the annual Mother's day walk which I look forward to every year is next week.  Hope the warblers are out for all of us Mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment