Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Annual Trip to Bordines

Poppy
For years I was an avid gardener and my yearly trip to Bordines and Telleys was the high-lite of my spring. I would spend winter days plotting and planning my garden, making lists, devising colors schemes and scanning gardening catalogs. Now, I am really not able to do a lot in the garden. I have cut way back and changed my garden to be less work intensive. Well, you wouldn't know that by all the plants that I bought today! It's like my eyes are bigger than my stomach kind of comparison.
I divided and moved some plants in the fall (with my son's help) and then decided this spring to plant a yellow theme in front of those so...here I am with a lot of work to do. At least all my beds are weeded and ready to go and I will take my time getting things in the ground..
So, I had fun today and was overwhelmed by all the beautiful colors. I took my Canon Powershot and got some shots of the beautiful flowers that I wanted to buy but didn't. I stuck pretty much to my list and focused on herbs....also re doing my herb bed. Hopefully, next year things will be as I want them. :-)
Thanks to my kids for the Mother's Day gift cards!


Geranium
Dianthus, Salvia and Shastas
Caladium
Hydrangea 
Want these.....
Don't know what these are but love the color

I LOVE this place!



No comments:

Post a Comment