Saturday, June 21, 2014

Inside my Sears Honor Bilt Home



 When I pulled up a corner of my living room carpet and saw beautiful hardwood I decide then, that I would make my Sears home look like my grandparents home. They had a 4x4 (4 up 4 down) that was built in the late 1920s and all the woodwork and floors (yes, hardwood was the thing back then) were stained a dark mahogany. I could see that at one time my woodwork and floors were also stained the same. I had the floors refinished and then my son changed out my switches to push button. I decorated and furnished my house in a traditional fashion that would be timeless. Previous owners had updated the kitchen and bathroom in an absolutely hideous and cheap fashion. I had the kitchen gutted and got rid of the awful drop ceiling. I never did get around to the bathroom other than a new vanity and have learned to live with it.
I love my house and you could say that it is my hobby and I enjoy making little decorating changes seasonally. My favorite is when I go all out for autumn and for Christmas. It looks beautiful.


Shooting from the living room into the dining room...note walk-out bay window and hardwood floors.
See floor plan below.




This switch plate was bought from an ad in a decorating magazine and when I ordered it, I found out that the company was in Southgate (at that time). The owner told me that this was a replica of a switch plate from his grandparents old Victorian home in Wyandotte.


6 over 1 wood windows (restored)

Phone niche.....my son discovered a phone jack (well not a jack exactly) that he could hard wire my phone into. The phone is actually a push button candlestick phone that I got from QVC


No comments:

Post a Comment