Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sit With Me Awhile



Come and sit with me here at the Diana pool at Brookgreen. A large group of tourists have just left to see the gardens and all is quiet on this April morning. There is birdsong of course...the clear melodic song of the Cardinal, the unique sound of the White-throated Sparrow and the lovely little Chickadee calling me "sweetie, sweetie" The sun is shining and there is a warm breeze bringing wonderful scents of the Fringe tree and the Azaleas. It is peaceful here. I wish that I could take that feeling home with me and use it when I am feeling stressed or sad. Take a deep breath and enjoy the sights, sounds and smells of this wonderful place.



Look who has come to join us. She is calling her mate and does not seem bothered by us at all.


At the end of the plaza is a brick wall with a long flowerbed planted in front. In the back there are white Foxglove and before that are shades of blue Delphinium. Next, white Snapdragons and in the very front, low to the ground are pretty purple and yellow Violas. A few tulips are still surviving amid the rest. A truly inspired design. In between there is a gate that opens to another grand vista. This place is amazing!


I'm so glad that you took the time to join me at this peaceful retreat and I hope that your day will be as great as mine was at Brookgreen Gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment