Sunday, June 29, 2014

Walking the Marsh

 Thinking that if I got an early start that I would beat the heat, I was able to get to Crosswinds Marsh by 8am. However, it was already hot and humid and I knew that I wouldn't last long. I was soon feeling hot and discouraged when I came upon this dead tree with an interesting flock of Tree Swallows and Barn Swallows.




 Lovely little Yellow Warbler
 Red Admiral butterfly

 I noted that there was a lot of milkweed and it looked healthy. Just hoping that there are some Monarch eggs being laid. I love the red bug....think it is called a mildweed beatle.
I was so hot that I decided to take the trail back that goes through the woods because it is shorter and in the shade. I also knew that the bugs would get me so I practically ran through that part of the trail...I hate those biting flies. Ran across this toad on the road ;-)
I chased this butterfly around for 10 minutes and this is the best picture that I could get. It is called "The Viceroy"

No comments:

Post a Comment