Monday, July 21, 2014

Heidelberg Revisited



Last year on May 1st...May Day...we went on a photo shoot to the Heidelberg Project. Had a great experience. A few weeks later some arsonist set fire to one of the houses and since then 4 or 5 other homes have been destroyed by fire...even the local cat died in the winter. It was so sad to see such destruction and it just wasn't the same. Some areas were just piles of junk that, to me, had no value as art. It still is a unique place and there were other "tourists" there when we visited on Friday. They never did find out who the arsonist was. With donations the area is now lit with solar lights. Not many unoccupied home left on Heidelberg St.
When my daughter was going to Wayne State in 1990, her and I visited and I remember the controversy with the city and they ended up tearing down one of the main houses. Now, some unknown is causing destruction of this art project that is famous around the world.

 Times change
 Even Superman couldn't stop these crimes

 A memorial to the record house
 I love these guys
I think Tyree should do women
Patina



No comments:

Post a Comment