Sunday, August 31, 2014

Castles

 So last night I was up until 2am watching "Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King" and today all I could think about was castles. I searched through my old pictures from England and found a few castles and did a little fancy editing, trying to make them look old....silly because they are both very very old.
Warwick Castle was build in 1068 and then rebuilt of stone in the 12th century. It is still in use today and open for tours to the public. It has a large hall that is used for events and upstairs is a Madame Tussauds museum. There are all kinds of events held on the grounds as well and when we where there there were colorful medieval knight's tents set up. There is also a lovely Princes Diana flower garden on the grounds. 



Carnarvon Castle is my all time favorite castle. King Edward I replaced the original castle in stone in 1283 and it, along with city walls, still stand today. It is huge! I really got an eerie feeling of ancients that once lived there. There were school children going around in a ring holding hands and I wondered were they singing "Ring Around theRosie".  
The inside is mostly a shell but the photo opportunities were from every angle,inside and out. In my photo note the flags of Wales flying from the battlements.
Check out both websites for information and better photos. 



No comments:

Post a Comment