Saturday, August 30, 2014

Goodbye August

Sunlight on the lawn

I always hate to see the last day August, even though it means the end of summer. I love the month of my birthday, the slant of the light and the smells of late summer afternoons. The way the light cast shadows through my dining room window...there is no other month that does that. The only saving grace is coming...October! I love the color changes and love to be out walking...the weather is perfect.
I had a good summer despite not feeling well the whole month of June and later hurting my knee. I guess that is just a part of aging. Hoping to get back on track next month and regain some stamina. Loved having my daughter here in July and my son-in-law and grandson this month. Got to roam around Detroit which is a real treat for me. Have autumn to look forward to and then Thanksgiving with my son and his family. (will pay a quick visit to my favorite garden even though it will be asleep for the winter)

No comments:

Post a Comment